Sunday, May 23, 2010

New York City at Christmas

I have always had a major love for New York City. I have been blessed in the past to go and visit a couple of times. But I have always wanted to go and visit during the Christmas season. Going to the Macy Day Pride, seeing all the lights, Rockefeller Center Tree, the window displays along 5thave., the snow in Central Park etc. It was on my “Bucket List”. Well as I mentioned on the last post, I got to attend the Macy Days Pride! And now I have seen New York City at Christmas.

It was hard to be way from family and friends during the Holiday season. I missed going to all the Christmas activities, and just being with family during that time. And it was crazy because my employer didn’t even put up a Christmas tree or anything. So it really didn’t feel like Christmas.

So one weekend I thought I would go into the City and make one of my dreams come true! It was a really cold day, but it just added to the magic of the season! Janene came with me, and we explored the city! We spent hours walking up and down street looking at the window displays, all the lights, the Christmas trees in all the high end stores. (My favorite was Tiffany’s Inc. the tree was covered in real diamonds!) During our time there, it started to snow! I LOVED it! We stopped at Starbucks for a Chi Tea, and keep exploring! Towards the end Janene was a frozen, but I wanted to keep going!

I am so grateful for this experience that I have been blessed with. I am making so many amazing memories, achieving some of my dreams, learning and growing in so many different ways.






No comments: