Sunday, May 23, 2010

MY NEW PUPPY!!!!!!!

Yes it’s true, you read it right, I got myself a NEW PUPPY!! I have been messing around with the idea of getting a dog for a while now. My biggest reason not to get one is well, my employer didn’t want one. But she soon came to realize that I really wanted one, and she know it would make me happy (plus, she wants me to stay longer). After weeks of talking about it, she told me yes I could get one! And the best part is she would pay for it!!!

So I did a ton, I mean a ton of research on finding the perfect dog. I spent many hours on the phone with breeders, AKC, friends, and so forth. I went and I met a handful of dogs, and never felt good about them. So a week went by, and I found this breeder down in Pennsylvania. I went down there with Janene to meet with her and the dogs. I feel in love with the Carmel Morkie. I knew she was the perfect match for me!

I was so nervous, I never had a strong love for dogs, or a brand new puppy in my arms. So Janene held her while I drove home. I was so worried that she was going to pee on me or the car.But she was perfect the whole car ride home. She only threw up twice. (That’s normal for a puppies first car ride)

She is a Morkie. A mix between a Maltese and a Yorkie. She weighs 2.4lbs. She is a beautiful Carmel color coat. She is 12 weeks old. When she is full grown she will weigh 5lbs.

I have and always will love the T.V. show Friends. So I knew I wanted to name her after the show somehow. Rachel was to human like; Monica didn’t seem to fit, so PHOEBE is her name! I love Phoebe in the show, so I knew it would be the perfect match! And watching my new puppies’ personality she fits the name just right!!

The first night I had her was a living HELL. I never realized how hard it was to have a dog. She was always crying, barking, and peeing every 10 seconds. I would try to hold her and show her love, but all she wanted to do it bark. She cried and barked the whole night. I would take her out to go to the bathroom, but would not go. She would go right when I put her on my floor. This went on for the first few days. I would cry cause I was getting nowhere with the house training. I got a bunch of books on house training you dog. So after spending more hours on learning about dogs, I think I am doing pretty well on house training my Phoebe.

She is doing a lot better now. She sleeps through the night; she will only have a couple of accidents in the house. And she will only bark when she needs to go potty, or when she is playing! I am still trying to tell myself that it is ok that she still pees in the house, and I have to take her our every hour or two. I hope she will soon learn to go to the door when she needs to go.But hey, she already plays fetch with you!







2 comments:

Julie said...

Cute puppy! Sounds just like bringing a new baby home from the hospital, except they usually don't pee on the floor, and barking is crying. I am glad she is getting easier for you!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I don't know why, but all of the sudden I can read your blog! I L.O.V.E.D catching up. Makes me want to visit NY-lucky Cutlers! The new puppy is so cute. I can totally see you with a puppy. Fun fun. Keep posting!