Friday, February 20, 2009

Utah vs. New Jersey

So I love living out on the East Coast!! It is soo much fun! But at the same time I do kind of miss Utah... But it has been amazing to see another part of America! There are soo many different things out here.. and I love them all.. Let me just tell you some of the differences.

1- You CANT pump your own gas. its against the law. You have to stay in your car at all times.
2- They have "love handles" on their roads. What this is.. YOU CAN'T MAKE ANY LEFT TURNS. you have to go around the love handle and then stop at a light and then turn. They are really called "Jug handles" But I call them "love handles" cause they are annoying and you can't get rid of them.
3- Every town has the same street names. (It can get hard when you are lost!)
4- They don't have Wal Marts. There is only one from here to New York.. and its ghetto!!
5- There are no fast food places.. they only have Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
6- They have an amazing mall called the Short Hills Mall. (its been in a lot of movies)!!
7- I am only 30 minutes away from the big apple!
8-There are NO sales taxes on clothing!!
9- If you have blond hair, you are from out of state!
10- Its NOTHING like happy valley.. the exact opposite!
And the BEST thing about where I live now is... When I am driving on the freeway at night and I can see the New York skyline all lit up!! Love itttt!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea about the gas or love handles thing! I do miss you! I am counting down the months...and I haven't even made it to two yet! I love that you are having fun...but what about us?! I want you to come home - there I said it! When's your flight?

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Ah, man am I jealous. I too love Utah, but oh the east coast just has this pull for me. I tell you, one day I may just have to live there for a little spell. I am green with envy, my friend.

Brianna E. said...

What? No Walmart or fast food? I don't think I could live there (well, maybe the mall would make up for it!)

Cathy said...

Enjoy every minute! We miss you though, so don't think of making this a permanent thing. The kids say hi!